Lenorable Loves Company

I Still Can't Believe It's 2011

by Ian on Tuesday, January 11 under , , , , , ,

Seriously, it's 2011?  I remember 2001 pretty clearly still: I thought girls would never like me, my high school punk band hadn't broken up yet and I had only been skateboarding for a few months.

CJ played bass in my band in 2001.
In 2010 we restored sanity together.
But, I digress.  Now that it's 2011, it's time to look back on 2010, right?  For me it was a tumultuous, but ultimately very rewarding year. I began the year in two bands; by year's end I had started another (the one whose blog you're reading) and quit those two.
It turns out when three groups all want the same thing -- fame, riches, and everything else you'll find in a hip-hop video -- it can be a stressor on one's personal life.

I also had two iPhones stolen, some jerk sideswiped my car, and I lived in a crap apartment with crack dealers down the hall (allegedly).  Ugh, just thinking about it stresses me out.

But at the end of the year I moved into a sweet house in D.C. with a rad girl -- we're a band now! I also got some fun new toys, went on some epic road trips, and wrote some interesting new songs.  So things came out all right, I think.

After all, at least I wasn't Nicolas Cage, right? I mean, that dude's whole life bombed. Click that link, you won't be disappointed.

And I didn't get banned, blocked or kicked out of anywhere, like FourLoko did. Guess I'll just have to go back to my previous energy cocktail: tons of Jameson and Red Bull.

Just like the AP Stylebook, I went through some changes. Not all for the better initially (see my previous comment about Jameson + Red Bull), but it was a net positive.

So here's to 2011! Let's all be nice to each other, so next year we can all have a beer and say, "Hey, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Or we'll have drank the last of the world's FourLoko surplus and we can say, "My head hurts... are you serious, it's 2012? Urrghghghhh."

FourLoko did NOT have a good 2010.
(tip o' the hat to the Boston Phoenix for the linked articles)
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!