iPhone Cinema? I'll believ-- OH... oh, my.
by Ian on Tuesday, January 18 under Apple, film, iPhone, movies, nerd alert, news, Paranmanjang, Park Chan-wook, South Korea, video
According to a release from the Associated Press via Apple, South Korean director Park Chan-wook is going to release a new movie in his home country Jan. 27. The film, "Paranmanjang," breaks new ground in filmmaking -- it's filmed entirely using the iPhone. The plot seems sufficiently twisted, but I'm going to stick with the technical side of things. Click that AP/Apple link to read more about the plot.
As you can see in the behind-the-scenes promo video below, they didn't simply point and click to "film" this 30-minute thriller. There's a sophisticated lens attachment system and of course appropriate dolly and lighting equipment for a major cinematic release. Even with this, make-up, costumes and the other trappings of a film set, Park still managed to keep the film's budget around $133,000. (For comparison, the Troma classic B-movie "The Toxic Avenger" had a budget of about $475,000.)
This will definitely change how movies, especially shorts, are made. Knowing Park from his previous work (Oldboy, Thirst), it'll probably mess with your head in ways far beyond "how-in-the-hell-did-he-do-that-with-a-phone?"
*Please pardon the Engrish on the video title. I just realized it calls the movie a "firm." I blame Google for the bad translation.
WOW. I definitely want to make a music video with my phone now! Granted, it doesn't look easy, and I can't even imagine how complicated the capture/edit process could get, but I'm seriously impressed and can't wait to try my hand.
Anybody got a script or any ideas they want to throw my way for a potential Lenorable music video? Let's get weird on a budget.
As you can see in the behind-the-scenes promo video below, they didn't simply point and click to "film" this 30-minute thriller. There's a sophisticated lens attachment system and of course appropriate dolly and lighting equipment for a major cinematic release. Even with this, make-up, costumes and the other trappings of a film set, Park still managed to keep the film's budget around $133,000. (For comparison, the Troma classic B-movie "The Toxic Avenger" had a budget of about $475,000.)
This will definitely change how movies, especially shorts, are made. Knowing Park from his previous work (Oldboy, Thirst), it'll probably mess with your head in ways far beyond "how-in-the-hell-did-he-do-that-with-a-phone?"
*Please pardon the Engrish on the video title. I just realized it calls the movie a "firm." I blame Google for the bad translation.
WOW. I definitely want to make a music video with my phone now! Granted, it doesn't look easy, and I can't even imagine how complicated the capture/edit process could get, but I'm seriously impressed and can't wait to try my hand.
Anybody got a script or any ideas they want to throw my way for a potential Lenorable music video? Let's get weird on a budget.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(23)
-
▼
January
(16)
- Let's Do This!
- Best/Worst
- The Universe Goes BOOM [VIDEO]
- Space Case, Edition #2: Black Holes (and Suns)
- Sunday Preview: Lisa's Paintings and an Allison We...
- iPhone Cinema? I'll believ-- OH... oh, my.
- Under the Milky Way [VIDEO]
- Space Case, Edition #1
- CD? Download? Tickets? Tee-shirts?
- Pretty Colors
- Popular Hits of WHO on WHAT?
- I Still Can't Believe It's 2011
- s'No Tomorrow?
- Yes! A New Symphony of Science
- Lisa's Obligatory/Illegal-By-My-Own-Mandate Kitty ...
- What's a Lenorable?
-
▼
January
(16)
Labels
- Lenorable shows (9)
- Lenorable (8)
- news (7)
- video (7)
- Lenorable news (6)
- nerd alert (6)
- music (5)
- pictures (5)
- Lenorable art (4)
- Lenorable video (4)
- art (2)
- Tito (1)
0 comments