Popular Hits of WHO on WHAT?
by Ian on Wednesday, January 12 under AFP, Amanda Palmer, amazing, cabaret, Creep, Dresden Dolls, Idioteque, music, news, NPR, punk, Radiohead, ukulele
You'll find out quickly that Lenorable is a bit obsessed with Amanda Palmer. As of right now, I can't think of a single thing she's done that I haven't been impressed with. Even her potentially corny music video for Tegan and Sara's song "Hell" ends up being a brilliantly whimsical tribute.
Her newest venture is sure to raise an eyebrow when first mentioned -- for me it raised both (you know, like in excitement). The punk cabaret progenitor and Queen Bee of awesome on the internet self-released Amanda Palmer Plays the Popular Hits of Radiohead on Her Magical Ukulele last summer.
This article on NPR's music blog takes a look into her cover of "Idioteque," contrasting it with the original performance by Radiohead. I'll spare you the music-nerding and let you listen in yourself. Definitely take a look at the stuff she has online, if you like good music I promise you won't regret it.
Her newest venture is sure to raise an eyebrow when first mentioned -- for me it raised both (you know, like in excitement). The punk cabaret progenitor and Queen Bee of awesome on the internet self-released Amanda Palmer Plays the Popular Hits of Radiohead on Her Magical Ukulele last summer.
This article on NPR's music blog takes a look into her cover of "Idioteque," contrasting it with the original performance by Radiohead. I'll spare you the music-nerding and let you listen in yourself. Definitely take a look at the stuff she has online, if you like good music I promise you won't regret it.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(23)
-
▼
January
(16)
- Let's Do This!
- Best/Worst
- The Universe Goes BOOM [VIDEO]
- Space Case, Edition #2: Black Holes (and Suns)
- Sunday Preview: Lisa's Paintings and an Allison We...
- iPhone Cinema? I'll believ-- OH... oh, my.
- Under the Milky Way [VIDEO]
- Space Case, Edition #1
- CD? Download? Tickets? Tee-shirts?
- Pretty Colors
- Popular Hits of WHO on WHAT?
- I Still Can't Believe It's 2011
- s'No Tomorrow?
- Yes! A New Symphony of Science
- Lisa's Obligatory/Illegal-By-My-Own-Mandate Kitty ...
- What's a Lenorable?
-
▼
January
(16)
Labels
- Lenorable shows (9)
- Lenorable (8)
- news (7)
- video (7)
- Lenorable news (6)
- nerd alert (6)
- music (5)
- pictures (5)
- Lenorable art (4)
- Lenorable video (4)
- art (2)
- Tito (1)
0 comments